Diabetes Educator/Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Diabetes education is most often provided by diabetes educators. Diabetes educators are healthcare professionals who focus on educating people with and at risk for diabetes and related conditions. Behavior change goals can lead to better clinical outcomes and improved health status. Diabetes educators apply in-depth knowledge and skills in the biological and social sciences, communication, counseling, and education to provide self-management education and training.
- Assistance with healthier food choices
- Menu planning
- Healthy shopping (grocery shopping advice) – private tours by appointment
- Cooking instruction – Individual or group
- BS Dietetics & MA Nutrition Education – California State University, Chico, CA
- Certified Diabetic Educator (CDE) – American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN) – American and International Association of Clinical Nutritionists
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) #718809 – Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Available for online or face-to-face consultation (location of your choice).