Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES)
Diabetes education is provided by CDCES are healthcare professionals who focus on educating people with and are at risk for diabetes and related conditions. Behavior change goals can lead to better clinical outcomes and improved health status. Diabetes educators apply in-depth knowledge and skills in the biological and social sciences, communication, counseling, and education to provide self-management education and training.
- Assistance with healthier food choices
- Menu planning
- Healthy shopping (grocery shopping advice) – private tours by appointment
- Cooking instruction – Individual or group
- BS Dietetics and MA Nutrition Education – California State University, Chico, CA
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) – American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) #718809 – Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Available for face-to-face consultation.
Phone: 530.891.9357 (messages only and FAX)